'

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Busy, busy...

I've been busy with some real-life stuff during the last few days. And also feeling really bad about what's going on in Japan. My heart goes out to everyone whose life has been turned upside down by the earthquake, tsunami, and now this nuclear problem. I can't believe that it keeps getting worse and worse. Some of the images coming through are totally devastating.

I'm a kid of the 80's and spent much of that time fretting about the possibility of a nuclear threat, so I've always had a certain degree of fear about any sort of nuclear power. It's just too unstable and damn scary. :(

Yesterday, I had to make a few calls and make some enquiries about my superannuation. Nothing huge, mostly finding out stuff that I already knew. Oh well, it was worth looking into it again.

Today, I need to pop into the doctor for a prescription and a referral. Going to the doctor can be a real drag. I hate sitting in the waiting room. I always feel like I'm being exposed to germs and will end up catching a cold just by being in the building, lol. Especially when I'm popping in for something other than being sick myself. O_o

I'm also busy writing this novella that's gotten so deep into my head that every night, as soon as I lay my head on the pillow, something new pops into my head. Something that happens to fit into the next day's lot of writing. I love it when that happens. I mean, I pretty much know where the story's going to go from here, but some of the details aren't available until I actually sit down and get writing. So getting hit with some of it the night before gets me a few steps ahead. It's a great feeling.

I'm hoping to cross the 20k mark today. At the moment, I'm just shy of 19k, so if I hit the word count pretty hard after I get back from dropping my daughter off at school, I should be able to do it. Fingers crossed.

Still excited with how the story's going, and still aiming for a 30k-first-draft-word-count target. :)

Well, catch'a later!

No comments:

Favorites More